This post is sponsored by Mirum, opinions expressed are my own and always honest.
Hi, loves! Today, I’m going to show you how to easily incorporate a Heatless Waves routine to your evenings, so you can wake up to a beautifully bouncy hair!
My pamper routine consists of lighting a few candles and soaking in the hot tub, while I meditate.
I’m usually sipping some decaf green tea, and my cats (2) must be dragged into the bathroom with me or they’re screaming bloody murder behind the door- or arguing with each other- and if I happen to be doing a Coconut oil treatment on my hair, which y’know I love to do – then I have to make sure my older cat (Bobby) doesn’t try to eat my hair, ‘cuz he’s obsessed with coconut oils….
I believe in pampering your soul as much as your body, that’s why I highly recommend meditation to everyone I know. Do you meditate? If you haven’t, please try it. It will transform your soul. You’ll be you but much calmer and less temperamental, and happier. More about this some other time…
I’m not really into face masks, although I do use a few when I can, because I’m too lazy lol. I’d say I’m more of a hair treatment kinda girl (because it smells SO good!), and I’m so incredibly lucky to be able to test out so many different kinds of it too!
If you watch me on YouTube, then you probably know that I have thinning hair for women (I literally have bald spots which I keep covered with some eyeshadow)… So for me, I “should” be using a Volumizing shampoos&Conditioner, but I don’t because I find them too drying. “Volumizing” usually mean frizzy, tangly hair for me. But this gentle line from Suave that said ” infused with pure rose oil” wasn’t drying at all! Actually, it felt like a “normal” people’s hydrating rich shampoo, but the conditioner was very lightweight.
At less than $3 per bottle at Walmart, these are also ridiculously AFFORDABLE omg! But best of all, when my hair dried, my hair looked va-va-voom’ish – totally fluffy, smooth!
You need to try this because trying is believing! You’re going to enjoy them!
However, if you have extremely dry and damaged hair, Suave has another fantastic line with Avocado that I reviewed a few months back. I found that more moisturizing (but heavy) because it’s made for “dry damaged hair”. Try them both though, and let me know which was your favorite!
Sock Bow Voluminous Heatless Waves
I went to Walmart to buy these shampoos and ended up buying some socks too (cuz I’m always losing them argh!), and thought hmm let’s do a heatless curl tutorial with them.
By the way, I filmed this, so if you don’t understand what I did here, you’ll watch it on my Instagram a few weeks later. But basically what you do it…
- Tye a few socks together to create a sock-bow chain (they look like cute bows on your head for real!). We’ll be using the chain like a headband.
- Shampoo your hair with Suave Rose Oil Shampoo & Conditioner, and towel dry your hair thoroughly. Your hair must be almost dry (90% dry), don’t do this on wet hair, or your hair will never dry.
- Divide your hair in half, and start wrapping small sections of hair around the headband. I did 3 sections on each side of my head, and twisted the sections away from the face, before wrapping them to minimize frizziness. Moreover, I sometimes secured the ends of my hair with a few bobby pins to the headband to keep the ends super smooth.
- After 8 hours (once your hair is completely dry), remove the headband.
- Finger comb your waves and apply some hair serum you’re done!
- I curled my hair extensions separately the same way to get this look.
All of this should take you less than 5 minutes to do! But if you didn’t understand from the Pictorial I made for you, a video tutorial is coming soon on Instagram!
Big thanks to our friends at Mirum for supporting & sponsoring our channel.