Hi, loves! This week, I’m happy to partner up with Lunchbox to teach you a second hairstyle! Check out the cute, mohawk braid below (also isn’t my cat cute? *proud momma*)
This hairstyle was inspired by Abby of TwistMePretty.com, who also just happens to have the most infectious smile you’ve ever seen…..and she’s a REALLY great momma too..and beautiful, and issickeningly amazing at hair!
So about our darling Abby, I saw her easy, Pull-Through braided ponytail on the Walmart’s new, tip section where they had the TRESemmé hair tutorials ( this is where I finally learned how to do the pull-through braided pony properly without confusing the heck out of myself ), and thought I’d create another variation of this edgy style! Because who doesn’t like Mohawk hairstyles?
So be sure to go check out Abby’s favorite products from TRESemmé and learn a few, cute & easy hairstyles while you’re there!
HOW TO DO A MOHAWK PULL-THROUGH BRAID
- On damp hair, I applied the TRESemmé Extra Firm Control mousse to create some grip in my hair for braiding, and then dried it. I like this mouse because it’s light enough for my thinning crown but strong enough to build volume and texture. This is a alcohol-free mousse thus, it won’t dry out your hair, which is always a plus!
- Split your hair into 3 sections – with the middle section being twice as thick as the side sections.
- Clip away your middle section, then Dutch braid your hair side sections towards your nape, and tie it.
- Next, pull-through braid the middle section – watch the Abby’s Pull-Through Braid tutorial VIDEO here – and tie it when you get to your ear level.
- Stop every 5 or so braids to pull out the sides to make the braids thicker, and I used the TRESemmé’s TRES Two Extra Hold Hair Spray to contain my short layers. I like this extra hold hairspray, because it doesn’t flake even when you brush it out. It’s not even sticky!
- Gather all 3 braids and make a low ponytail.
- Remove any excess elastics. You can always wear it as is… (See #9 image).
- Or Pull-Through Braid the rest to turn it into a long, boho braid.
Find the latest TRESemmé products & hair tutorials HERE!
Halo Braid Half -Up
Easy Twisty Bun
FTC: “Sponsored post by Lunchbox. All opinions are my own.”