You guys are always asking me do more easy updos!
I know a lot of you have to wear your hair up for work, and with the homecoming season just around the corner, we’re going to be doing plenty of them in the coming weeks~ Yay!
I’m so eager and EXCITED to show you some of these fancy hairstyles I have coming up! 😀 😀
In today’s hair tutorial, I’m going to show you how to create an elegant and romantic updo that you can do in about 5 minutes! You’ll literally be making ponytail flips to create this awesomely chic hairstyle! It’s fall – this style will look totally classy with a light weight turtle neck!
Scroll down for the quick steps and the video tutorial! And if you end up trying it out, be sure to share it with me on my Instagram (Mwhairstyles)!
SKILL LEVEL: easy || TIME: 5~10 Minutes || OCCASIONS: back to school, spring, summer, fall, winter, everyday, prom, homecoming, wedding
|| FOR: Medium, Long Hair Length
- Tease your crown.
- Put the bottom half – from ear down – into a low ponytail.
- Back comb your ponytail before twisting it around to form a bun. Pin it in place.
- With the rest of your hair, make 5 ponytails. Crown and 2 on each side of it.
- Flip the 5 ponytails – known as the topytail method – and tug on the sides of the twists to loosen & soften them.
- After loosening up the twisted area of the ponytail, tug the elastic band towards the middle ponytail, so you can more easily put them inside the middle ponytail. Repeat on all 4 side ponytails.
- When all of the side ponytails are inside the center ponytail, gather the ends of all the ponytails.
- Tighten the ends, so no ponytails are falling out of the middle ponytail, and start twisting and wrapping it around the bun.
- After securing the bun in place, start tugging on the twists to loosen and soften up the updo – this is such an important step! You MUST loosen up the updo or it’s not going to look good, you guys! And when I say loosen up the updo, I mean loosen up the twisted parts – we made 5 ponytails, right? You have to find them and loosen up the twisted areas. Look at the last image on my step-by-step picture, do you see how the sides look like it’s draped against the bun? To create such an effect, you have to loosen up the twists. <3
- And lastly fix any strange strands with a few bobby pins. I love this soft updo, be sure to try this! 😀
Watch the hair tutorial below, or if it doesn’t play, click – Easy Romantic Updo.
Want to try out another fancy updo? How about this one?…