It’s this wonderful time of the year where changes are just inevitable, knowing that summer is soon to be over we all crave for something warm and nice that would remind us about it. Personally, autumn is one of my favorite times of the year and I want to spread my happiness through sharing this beautiful, quick and easy Diamond Braid hair tutorial.
30 Minutes for a Beginner
I N S T R U C T I O N S
HOW TO DO A CUTE DIAMOND BRAID ON YOURSELF!
- Spray some product and brush out your hair to keep everything smooth.
- Make a side part (or center, whichever you prefer) and coop your bangs. Start from the heavy side to make a lace touch braid (also known as a half touch braid), meaning that we add hair only to one side before making undercrossing normal braid. Add in some hair from the top to the top strand and cross it under. Cross under the bottom strand by itself because we are adding hair only to the top strand.
Add in hair only from the top to the top piece and take it under the middle. Cross the bottom piece alone.
When you reach the middle of your back we’re going to continue by making couple more braids before tying it.
- When you’re done with one side repeat the same to the other one.
- Combine the two and remove the elastic used on the first braid, then wrap a strand of hair around the band.
- Split the ponytail in half and scoop away one side of it.
- Take all your hair in one side, start a normal braid somewhere close by your ear, and make your way towards the ponytail (start pulling it downwards as if you’re making a letter V with the braid).
- When we reach the middle let’s turn our normal braid to lace braid by adding some hair from the ponytail: just take some hair from the ponytail, add it to the top strand and just make a braid. Continue until around half of the ponytail is gone and make sure to go downwards because otherwise it’s not going to look right.
- When you run out of hair to add in, tie it with elastic band and fix your braid by pulling it lower so it looks like half of a letter V.
- Undo the clip and repeat it on the other side.
- Now all we need to do is wrap some hair around the elastic band like we did in the first ponytail and pull the braid down to form a diamond shape: that’s it, we’re done!
I hope you enjoy wearing it! Happy Autumn!
This is the simplified version of the steps, of course things are more thoroughly explained in the video. Take a look – it’s short and easy to follow!