Anyone else in a super cheerful mood because it’s finally getting warmer out? I think spring has finally arrived here in NYC! OMG, I missed you so much!
With spring comes Beauuuuutiful flowers, greenery, optimism and …pretty updos. Teenagers will need cute hairstyles for their prom, brides are thinking about their dream wedding hair and maybe you’re a guest to one so you’re thinking about updos too..
We’re all thinking about fancy updos – thus I need to show you how to do a few this month! Right? Expect LOTS of updos!
And as I’m typing this, I have 3 updo ideas for next week, and I don’t know which one I should do. I wish I could call and ask you for your opinion, seriously. sigh.
But about today’s hair tutorial, we’re going to create a romantic braided updo with French rope braids. It’s actually a simple messy bun made out of 2 rope braids. Sounds easy, right?
- Tease the back of your crown and put it into a half-up ponytail.
- Split your hair in half and start a French Rope Braid with 1 side.
- How to do a French rope braid on yourself; Take a small section and split it in half. Twist both sections towards your face then combine them in the opposite.
- Once you’re done rope braiding one side, create another one with the other.
- Then wrap the braids around itself to form a messy bun and pin everything in place.
- Loosen up the twists to soften up the updo like I did or wear it tightly braided. It’s up to you! 🙂
Watch the Video Tutorial
Problem with the player? Watch it here instead – Romantic Braided Updo Tutorial.
Go watch the 2-Minute EASY Elegant Bun tutorial next if you need something fancy, and be sure to SUBSCRIBE for more cute hair tutorials!
See you guys next week! 🙂 Lots of love, Tina