Here is a cute, braided bun, a popular teenager hairstyle, that I can’t think of a name for. It has a Dutch headband braid that goes around to the back, where it’s merged by another big braid to form a messy bun.
We’ll just call this updo a headband braid messy bun. A braided bun sounds too boring for this intricate hairstyle.
Despite the fact that messy bun styles are more for the medium to long hair lengths, this hairstyle can be done on short haired girls – we’re talking up to the shoulders here, by using a donut or a rolled up socks to create the bun.
30 Minutes for a Beginner
How to do a cute, Dutch Headband Braid Messy Bun on Yourself!
- Create a deep, side part and make a ponytail with the back and the light side. Clip it out of the way.
- Dutch braid the crown and the side, then clip it out of the way.
- Dutch braid the back towards the bun.
- Incorporate the Back braid and the Front braid with the ponytail.
- Make a bun with the ponytail.
This is the simplified version of the steps, of course thing are more thoroughly explained in the video.
What’s in the video then?
- How to Dutch braid your own hair.
- How to make a bun using the twisting method to make your bun bigger.
- How to get rid of your bangs at the end of a hairstyle, so you won’t have to do it all over again!
My MAKEUP & THINGS
(as requested )
Foundation – Kevin Aucoin
Under Eye “V” – Nars
Glow-Primer – Etude House Volumer #2 (for dry skin)
We’ll do a few, simple and easy hairstyles next week! Be sure to Subscribe for more cute hair tutorials! x Tina