Hi, my lovelies, today’s easy, Bubble Bun hairstyle was made with people with troublesome layered hair in mind.
I always get asked how to do hairstyles when you have short layers and all of it wants to explode out of whatever hairstyle you’re trying to do. Would you be surprised to know that I keep your comments and questions in mind when I make tutorials? 🙂
So here’s just one way you can achieve a perfect bun style.
Is it a fool proof method? Of course not, but it definitely helps, and the best part is that this easy hairstyle literally takes about 2 minutes to do! It’s totally awesome for school, work, or whenever you’re running late, I know because I do it all the time.
If the video doesn’t play, watch it on my YouTube channel by clicking – Easy Bun Hairstyle Tutorial.
HOW TO QUICK AND EASY BUBBLE BUN HAIRSTYLE | HAIR TUTORIAL VIDEO
TIME: Less than 2 minutes!
- Make a high ponytail.
- Hairspray the top and the bottom layers of the ponytail. (if you have REALLY short layers, I recommend you tease the ponytail before hairspraying it)
- Make another ponytail few inches below making sure you don’t go below your layers. We’re creating this 2nd pony to keep the layers within the bun.
- Spread out the hair between the 2 elastic to start forming your bun.
- Loosen up your ponytail so you can create an opening in the middle.
- Twist the ends of your ponytail slightly, then pull the ponytail through the opening.
- Straighten out your twisted ponytail.
- Now, just pull on the sides of the bun to make it as big, wide, or small as you want the bun to be. Be mindful of where the 2nd elastic is so your layers don’t start coming out of the bun.
- Next, there are 2 things you can do. One, take the ends and just wrap it around the elastic. Or 2, and my personal favorite way, split the ends in half and wrap it one by one to create a braid effect. IMHO, it creates character in an otherwise a simple bun hairstyle.
- Finally, pin the sides of the bun down.
Best Bobby Pins – get the Marianna brand.
See you next week!
Did you subscribe to be notified of more cute hair tutorials?