I’m late on this post, I know! All the product related questions you guys were asking me about will be listed below. If you saw my last week’s hair tutorial video, and liked the Starburst Bun hairstyle, you’ll be glad to know that, I’m working on the fishtail version of it right now. This should be posted within a day or two! 😀
In this tutorial, learn how to do a Starburst Braided Bun on yourself, for medium or long hair lengths. This braid is also known as the Never-Ending Braid Bun or the Ponytail Braided Bun, and is suitable for school, prom, weddings, so basically for everything and everywhere. 🙂
How to Create a Starburst Braided Bun Hairstyle | Hair Tutorial Video
- Clip out a square section on your crown.
- Put the rest of your hair in a high ponytail.
- Apply hair wax to define your braid and to control flyaways. On children’s hair, you can use some water & gel instead.
- Grab a small section on your crown and split it in 2 to start a normal braid.
- Grab a small section from the ponytail to create the 3rd piece for the braid.
- Now take those 3 strands and start a French braid.
- As you braid, add in hair from the crown and from the ponytail. Watch the video to see me do this with more detail.
- When you run out of hair to add from the crown, switch to a half-French braid and continue braiding around the ponytail to form a ponytail braided bun.
- After braiding all the way to the ends of your hair, tie it with an elastic.
- There will be an opening, insert the braid into this, and wrap it around the bun.
- Pin everything in place.
Are you subscribed to be notified of future hair tutorials?