I’ve been getting a lot of hair tutorial requests for a fancy updo for the prom lately, so here it is! In this video, I’m going to show you, how to create a big, voluminous, and chic, messy braided bun. This romantic hairstyle will work perfectly for a formal occasion; homecoming, bridal parties, and weddings, whether you’re the bride or the bridesmaid.
Today’s braided bun requires medium to long hair, however, if your hair isn’t quite long or thick enough, you can easily do this with hair extensions.
HOW TO DO A BRAIDED BUN UPDO WITH CURLS ON YOURSELF
- Curl your hair with a 1″ curling-iron. Even if you have naturally curly hair, you should curl your hair for this braided bun.
- Make a side part, and clip away the sides, and the top portion of your crown.
- With the bottom portion of your back, make a ponytail.
- Split your ponytail in half and clip away one side.
- With the side that’s not clipped up, wrap it around 2~3 fingers, 2~3 times to create a curl, then pin both openings of the curl at the base of the ponytail to form a half-bun. If you have long hair, you’ll need to do this process – of making curls – until all the hair is pinned up through out this hair tutorial.
- Repeat on the other section.
- Undo the top of the crown and split it in half to start curling your hair. Make sure to pin it up while the curls are still warm to “set the curl.”
- Section-by-section, pull out the edges of the curls to create more volume. Then artfully drape the volumized strands around the bun before pinning it.
- Undo the “light side” and twist it away from your face , then pin it on top of the bun.
- Heavy side : For this side, I added a couple of clips of hair-extensions to make my Dutch braid thicker. To Dutch braid, simply take the side strands under the middle strand after adding in hair.
- Pin the braid going on top of the braid then around. (watch the hair tutorial video).
ARVAZALLIA Argan Oil | DISCOUNT CODE – ARGANTLE (this is my holy grail oil, you MUST try it!) Code expires at the end of May!
My current fav hair extensions:
DISCOUNT CODE: MakeupWearables
SexyHair Dry Wax ( I used this constantly in this video to create mega texture)
If the video doesn’t play, watch it on my YouTube Hair Channel by clicking, Braided Updo .
Did you subscribe to be notified of more cute hair tutorials?