Y’know, I had something completely different planned for this week’s hair tutorial. Remember when I mentioned doing that “Empress Crown Braid” on my Facebook page? So, there I was, this Tuesday ( the day I usually make my videos), with my head flipped upside-down, twisting left and right, doing another weirdly, complicated braided updo, when it struck me that, “ain’t no one’s got time for this.”
Since I want to keep this week’s hairstyle EASY, quick, and most importantly, do’able for everyone, here is a cute messy bun tutorial, that you can do in 5 minutes. I’ve incorporated a voluminous, Dutch braid to keep it interesting.
This hair bun updo is simply perfect as a second-day hairstyle, particularly during the warmer months!
WRITTEN STEP-BY-STEP INSTRUCTIONS
How to create a big, messy bun updo with voluminous Dutch braid | Hair tutorial video
- Make a deep side part.
- Clip away your heavy side.
- Gather all the hair that’s not in the clip, and put it in a high ponytail. This includes the “light-side” from the front.
- Undo the clip, and make a Dutch braid with the heavy side, and tie it with an elastic band.
- Make your favorite bun with the ponytail, sock bun, fan bun, or a messy bun, and secure it with bobby pins.. I chose to create my messy bun by lightly backcombing the ponytail, and then scrunching it upwards to create more volume, before wrapping the ponytail around itself. Watch the hair tutorial video.
- Once your messy bun’s been made, wrap the Dutch braid around the bun and you’re done! I swear, this is one of the easiest, hard-looking, hairstyle you’ll learn how to do.
ARVAZALLIA – Premium Argan Oil ( Use Discount Code : ARGANTLE )
Did you subscribe to be notified of more cute hair tutorials?