This week’s hair tutorial is another quicky, daily hairstyles. One that is easy to do, doesn’t require any fancy braiding, and which can be done within 5 minutes.
As always, scroll down to the bottom to watch the hair tutorial video. Daily hairstyles like these are suitable for short, medium, or long hair lengths.
Daily hairstyle like this, spiral half-up, half-down updo, can be done without any fuss at all, but if you’d like to dress it up for a fancy occasion, like a wedding, prom, a date, and etc, you can curl it with your biggest curling iron – I used a 1″ iron here – before following this tutorial. 🙂
PS. this video was filmed last summer with a new camera I had no idea how to use, so the video quality is kinda meh here..
- Gather a small section of hair on your crown & split it in half.
- Twist the 2 strands together TWICE. Remember the direction you twisted it.
- Now add in hair to these 2 sections before twisting it Twice again. (example; add in hair from the scalp on the RIGHT side, to the RIGHT strand, add in hair from the LEFT side to the LEFT strand, then you twist the hair twice in the same direction as before.
- I only did 2 rows of this to get the desired effect. The hair directly above the ears were left out to give it a romantic & elegant look to this daily hairstyle.
- Right before tieing it with an elastic, twist it at least 3~4 times, because the twists tend to loosen up.
- Check to see if your scalp is showing and loosen up the hairstyle if it does. (watch the video)
- Finally wrap a thin strand of hair around the elastic to give it a sleek finish.
Congrats, you’ve just learned how to do the French Twisted braid on your hair ( slightly different). If you want to do the normal French twist braid, simply twist it once before adding in hair. 🙂
Cortex Curling Iron – I used the 2nd largest barrel from this set.
I used this as Heat Protectant & to make my hair shiny.
If the video doesn’t play, click – Cute Daily Hairstyles – to watch it on my YouTube channel.
Did you subscribe to be notified of new hair tutorials?
Thanks for watching, see you next week! MUAH!