This is the same, French fishtail braided, ponytail tutorial that was uploaded on my third YouTube channel -HauteHairstyles – last week. To see how to do this cute, braided updo on your own hair, check my previous blog post, or simply click -> Braided Ponytail Hairstyle.
Scroll down to the bottom,
to see the French, fishtail braided, low ponytail tutorial video, for short, medium, or long hair lengths.
STEP-BY-STEP – GUIDE
How to Half-French Fishtail Braided Ponytail
- Make a side part. My part was on the right.
- Take a 3″ section, and split it in half to create 2 sections. We’ll name it Left & Right sections.
- Crisscross the sections by taking the Left section, over the Right section.
- Take some hair from the scalp on the right side, and add it to the Left section.
- Take some hair from the Left section, and incorporate it to the Right section.
- That was the basic, Half-French Fishtail braid. You repeat this process, braiding only the middle of the head, while leaving out the sides. Make sure when you add in hair to the sections, that you’re placing it to the inner area of the section.
- Once you’ve braided your way down to the ear level, tie up the fishtail braid and clip it out of the way.
- Gather the sides and all the hair left out of the braid to make a low ponytail. Cover the ears to make it look like a retro, low ponytail. (optional)
- Incorporate the braided fishtail braid to the ponytail by tying it with an elastic band.
- Undo the elastic used on the braid.
- Take a small strand of hair from the ponytail, and wrap it around the elastic to give it a fancy ponytail look.
- And you’re done! Watch the hair tutorial video to see it all the way through.
If the hair tutorial video doesn’t play, click here – How to do a French fishtail Braided Ponytail – to watch it on my YouTube page.
Are you subscribed to be notified of future hair tutorials?