Today, I’m going to show you how to get that edgy, beach waves hairstyle using the no-heat curls method for short, medium, or long hair lengths. If you don’t like everyday, messy hairstyles, then this is not the hair tutorial for you. This definitely isn’t a Shirley Temple curly hairstyle.
SCROLL DOWN to the bottom to watch the How to No-Heat Curls Overnight Tutorial Video
For this, step-by-step, no-damage, no-heat, wavy hair tutorial video, I didn’t use a hair wax to create that matte, sexy-messy, just-rolled-out-of-bed, “bombshell” look, so I’d also consider this a “clean” hairstyle.
Hair waxes – how I love what they can do for my hairstyles – tend to build up very quickly on your hair, suffocating it gradually. Quite terrible for girls with naturally curly hair because it will – overtime – make your hair frizzy.
Today’s heatless hairstyle – no-heat curls overnight – was inspired by Selena Gomez. When I came across this photo of her on Pinterest last week (look at the photo above), I just had to recreate it for you guys! Have you seen Selena Gomeze’s music video, Come & Get It? Didn’t you love her long, wavy hairstyle with the straight ends that she wore in it? I was going for that look…without making it look like it was damp and oily from the beach lol.
Written STEPS | NO-HEAT CURLS OVERNIGHT
- 1) I started with 100% dry hair. If you do this on damp hair, make sure your hair is 90% dry. Reason being, we’ll be taking huge sections and twisting them, so it’ll take even longer for it to dry.
- 2) If you have hard-to-curl hair (like me), then you’re going to need to use a soft gel or a mousse. )
- 3) Section out the crown and mist it “lightly” with some water. (skip this if you’re doing it on damp hair).
- 4) Twist it very loosely. Make sure you don’t twist so tightly that you’re pulling on the roots or you’ll end up with lines.
- 5) Wrap it around the Sponge Bendy Rollers and close the rollers by bending it in. (Watch the video I show you how there)
- 6) THIS IS IMPORTANT: I used a total of 5 rollers because my hair is thick (don’t look at my crown!), and very, very long (I’m turning into a cavewoman). Therefor, if your hair isn’t like mine then you shouldn’t be using as many rollers. I recommend doing it with 3 rollers..4 at the most for normal, medium hair!
- Use 1 on the crown.
- Split the rest of the hair in 2~3 sections and use 2~3 rollers. Lightly twist it & then wrap it around the bendy rollers.
- 7) Let it dry completely. if you remove them while they’re even slightly damp, it’ll get frizzy. I left mine in for 8 hours. You should just sleep with them on.
For a limited time get 20% OFF on most beauty items during Beauty.Com Friends & Family Event! Go check this out, they only do this twice a year. http://mediumurl.co/1Vkb5
DEVACURL SPRAY GEL (I love this, it’s a soft hold great for medium to long hair, AND no flakes!) Smells like lemons!
PHYTOLISSE FINISHING SERUM ( dry oil – it’ll look like you didn’t use an oil but it’ll smooth down flyaways – PERFECT oil for thin hair! )
If you liked this no-heat overnight curling tutorial, you should try my other, No-Heat Kim Kardashian Voluminous Curls, Curly Hairstyle Tutorial.
Cute, beachy hairstyles can be worn casually for school, or for a formal occasion like the prom, homecoming, wedding, bridal parties, on brides or bridesmaids.