In this easy hairstyles, hair tutorial, I’m going to show you, how you can create an old Hollywood, red carpet, vintage pin-up girl, loose waves hairstyle on medium to long hair from the 40s and 50s.
Inspired by celebrities like Christina Aguilera, Gwen Stefani, Dita Von, Katy Perry, Lana Del Rey, Megan Fox, and Taylor Swift, just to name a few, this pin up hair do is great for all formal occasions like the Prom, Homecoming, and Weddings.
(Watch this hair tutorial on my YouTube channel)
If you’ve enjoyed this tutorial, please thumbs up this video. 🙂
I’ve applied some soft mousse/gel and a hair protectant on damp hair.
- On dry hair, using a 1/2 inch curling iron (I’m using my usual Cortex 4 in 1 Curling Iron), curl all of your hair downwards or towards the front so that your hair will frame your face naturally.
- Create pin curls on your crown and 4 on each side of your head above your ears. This is what will create that authentic pin up girl (aka pinup) hair.
- Leave the pin curls to cool down for 10 mins.
- Remove the pin curl clips and thoroughly brush it out with a bristle brush. I kid you not when I say that this is a long process, you will need to calm down the crazy curls.
- Applying a bit of a oil serum here will help to loosen up the curls.
- Brush and brush those curls until they look somewhat manageable – which is around 3-5mins.
- Now simple back comb the curls and start shaping and molding the curls into place.
- Part your hair on the side (where your eyebrows arch) and tease.
- Clip one side of your head with a bobby pin, right behind the ear.
- If a curl is being stubborn, simply tease and comb that piece into place.
- Hairspray when you’re done
All done! Feel free to use a flower, or any other pretty hair ornaments to make this vintage, retro pin up hair more fancy.
As always thank you for reading! Please subscribe to see more hair tutorials! 🙂
(¯`’★♫♪•♥ HAIR PRODUCTS — USED ♥ •♫♪★’´¯)
- Cortex 4 in 1 Curling Iron
- Sebastian Shaper Plus Hair Spray
- Heat Protectant on WET hair: Bamboo Smooth Kendi Oil Dry Oil
- Finish Oil – CHI Enviro Smoothing Serum (hard to find @stores)
(¯`’★♫♪•♥ Makeup — USED ♥ •♫♪★’´¯)
Will be listed in my video description box.