I love Bohemian hairstyles with any type of a French Braid in them, who doesn’t? Today’s hairstyle will have an under side French Braid, also known as the Dutch Braid, and to make it more interesting, I added a few Waterfall braids (aka Cascade braids) in the bang/fringe area to maintain the soft, wispy, sexiness that I like in my hairstyles.
I usually take a lot of step-by-step photo’s for my tutorials, “unless” I’m making a hair tutorial on Youtube, which I’ve done today – sorry, the YT videos came out so damn bright, argh! And OMG, I have this one LONG ass strand of grey hair that I didn’t even know I had!! haha
Please refer to my Youtube Hairstyles Video – posted at the bottom of this page – and ask/comment below if you have any questions. 🙂
1) Always curls your hair first. Simply because it makes handling the hair easier on you. I applied a soft gel on my wet hair – Matrix Biolage Gelee, so that my hair would hold a curl, and my favorite heat protectant – Kendi Oil (AMAZING stuff) so that I dont end up frying my hair with my super nice, but hot as effing lava, Pro, 1/2 inch Cortex Titanium Curling Iron.
2) Split the hair into two pigtails and clip one side away.
3) Pull out a few bangs/fringe pieces around your hairline. If you yank out the hairs in a V slicing motion, the hair will fall more wispy. 🙂
4) Start French Braiding, but instead of braiding over the loops – like a normal french braid, you’re pulling the hair DOWN then up.
5) Make two braids then we’re dropping a chunk of hair in the front to make a Waterfall Braid.
The trick to this is to drop only about 80% of the hair, so that you don’t loose your momentum. If you drop 1 whole bundle, and you’re left with only 2 strands, you’ll be left thinking.. “WTF…” and end up losing your rhythm. So, if you know how to French Braid, and you can keep what I said in mind, then you got Waterfall braid covered.
6) Only do about 2~ 3 Waterfall braids for this look. Because it will look too heavy and bulky other wise.
7) Continue down and braid til the ends. Before tying it, fluff and loosen your braids so that it looks Fat and fluffy as clouds.
8) Other side is just plain Dutch braid, nothing special. Rinse and repeat. 🙂
My review on the best straightening and curling irons for your hair type.
Thanks for reading, guys! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
Don’t forget to Sub & Like! <3